Tuesday, May 25, 2010

About Expo SH, About China

I'm a Chinese, born, raised and educated in China. I planned a September trip to Expo Shanghai early this month in efforts to personally experience the international event that proudly hosted in my motherland, but now I would like to take a second thought. Throughout my life, I was fed with info that my country wanted me to know, and I was not allowed even an ounce of news that was deemed inappropriate by our great censoring departments. We were/are treated as shitizens (shit + citizen) like no others. Yesterday I happened to watch a video showing how the security guards in Expo SH tried to stop reporters from filming the chaotic scene at the China pavilion. Our government don't want the chaos to be aired so it put a heavy hand on controlling the flow of info, which ended up damaging the filming equipments of a group of HK reporters. What a shame on my country. I live in a country where many facts are being covered up, many lies are being told, many news are fabricated.

Maybe it's just a sad truth across the globe -- capitalist rules forever!

Posted via email from Dennis & Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment