Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Wave to Wave

The first wave in the title represents a hand movement of raising your hand and moving it from side to side as a way of saying farewell. The second Wave represents a failed product from Google. Do you still remember how much buzz it generated when the Google Wave was announced a year ago? I do. Back then, it was labeled innovative, revolutionary and a brand-new way to communicate online. It must be too revolutionary and goes a bit over. As a web veteran, I thought I had no trouble understand anything new on the internet. But I was proved wrong, by Wave. Google Wave was so confusing to the point that I found I was purely dumb when using it. Well, Google has just made another good decision to dump Wave for good as it didn't meet the satisfactory user adoption level. Fine! I won't feel sad about it. Look at the growing pool of Google's dead products, and I wonder if Tencent has the same problem. We make out  successful products easily but always fail to notice the failed ones that lies all along the way.

Posted via email from Dennis & Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment