Monday, August 10, 2009

Should High Heels be Banned in Workplace?

This is yet another attempt to revive my writing passion. Apart from the Weekly Knowledge Gains, there has been few original posts these days. My blog was kinda like a board for copy-and-paste only, which was disconcerting to some extent. Further worse, the realization that my English skills were on the wane really scared me off my pants. It's not hard for me to come to a quick conclusion that I should re-sharpen my pen on a fine-grained whetstone ASAP. Based on my recent awareness, I have decided to write something in relation to my daily consumption so as to keep my English at a presentable level.

Here I go. The first piece written with a sole purpose of regenerating my English battery.

It's very interesting to see a bunch of British senior officials debating furiously on how to limit stiletto heels in work place, instead of poring over on bigger stuff like ways to revitalize the already-reeling British economy. The male group claimed that wearing high heels in workplace was inappropriate, and high heels posted a great threat to the health of women's feet.

The proposal was ridiculous no matter how you sliced it. I think it's a personal choice for any woman to choose whether to wear high heels or not in any situation. And the most amusing part was that it was a bunch of male officials who engaged in the proposal, not a single female participant was involved.

One female countered the proposal with this funny line "I can't imagine these officials debating a motion about how tightly men should wear their ties."

It's quite unwise for men to intervene in women's business, and I think the British officials should just let the sleeping dog lie, if they don't want to get themselves in an upcoming battle on sexism.

No comments:

Post a Comment