Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Struggling to Meet Deadline

The deadline is coming around the corner. Again, I'm in a situation where I have to stretch myself for an upcoming deadline.

Tired of seeing the line of dead, I figure I'd better find some ways to eliminate it, once and for all.

The principle of meeting deadline every time, according to some project experts, is by breaking down large projects into bite-size chunks, and break the circle! Sounds easy! Soon I will be making deadlines, with time to spare. XD

But, my 2-cent advice to you is that - never overcommit, neither to your boss, nor your lover.

2 comments:

  1. let's try to break down that advice so more people could understand: not to overcommit, means you have to both understand the target's real meaning and what you have in hand you think you can achieve it. Most people overcommit sth cause they think they understand those 2 things. so next time when you are asked to commit sth. try thinking of them first, then say yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx for the clarification, Keny!

    Most people overcommit simply bcuz they haven't learned the magical word of 'no.'

    ReplyDelete