Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Perseverance. Do I have it?

Feeling my inabilities to write excellent English is a pain, and seeing the fact the my overall English level is declining is nothing but an ordeal. Something puzzled me these days - even I was in an English working environment and read English as frequently as I possibly could but it was clear to me that my English level was still skydiving downwards, at an indescribable speed. WHAT THE HECK!

I've decided to re-enter academic heaven after years away from college. I don't really know if I can persist since I would have to take quite a few remediation courses before facing the entrance exam. The time is not ideal for further academic study now as I have a 9:30-18:30 job and at the same time I have to take care of a family. Sometimes I feel tired and helpless. But I think even all these combined is not enough to produce an excuse to give up further study, which is consistently a dream of mine.

I have many interests, playing guitar, B-box, drawing, writing blog, reading comics...etc. but I have only one dream - to make myself a successful man. And clearly, the term successful is partly defined in my own dictionary as academically successful. The road ahead is laden with anxiety and pressure. I can foresee it with no doubt. Nonetheless, with fighting spirit, I will remember who I am and what I should achieve and stride forwards with no back-away.

Life is tough? But you can be tougher!

Posted via email from Dennis & Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment