Thursday, June 4, 2009

Damn IE and Firefox Incompatibility

No joke! My torturing first-hand experience of IE and Firefox incompatibility.

I put some songs on my blog today, and just didn't want the musics to autostart so I dictated autostart="false" in the script. Things should have been all done, I thought! However, while it worked fine in Internet Explorer, it did not be so in Mozilla Firefox. The default setting for IE is "false" which means the music will not play automatically. But the default setting for Firefox is "true". Hell with them!

A google search revealed thousands of complaints about this incompatibility, but few solutions available.

Countless painful drills into this shit eventually unearthed the treasurable solution - autostart="0".

It REALLY sucks... But at least I know how to disable autostart with Firefox now. Thanks incompatibility!

No comments:

Post a Comment