Thursday, July 16, 2009

朽木不可雕

I was labelled 朽木, though it was not the first time I was called so. Among a pile of emotions arisen at the time of the word hitting my eardrum, sadness somehow dominated. I couldn't pretend I was fine. And I'm sure no one can. The hard fact was that such a labelling did have a huge impact on my ideology, and I will never do it to my kid(s). At one point, I was saddened and I felt completely helpless. It's piercing. It's devastating.

I'm not psychologically weak in general, at least I don't accept that if you regard me as a weakling in mind.

Also, I'm not a paranoid and do not like to shield myself from criticism. I love criticism and would accept gladly. To me, imperfection rules, because I know I'm not a saint.

I learn from this a new way of treating people - never fire words on impulse as words are sometimes your ammunition to kill people.

No comments:

Post a Comment