Monday, July 27, 2009

Say Goodbye to Kaixin001

What's wrong with me tonight? It seems I'm on a writing spree. Anyway, I decide to follow my nose and write down this piece before hitting the sack.

Here are some of my recent development. A piece of bad news is that a storm of pressure is coming from my job. The good news? The storm has somehow helped me quit Kaixin001 cold turkey.

I've been thinking about deleting my Kaixin001 accounts several times in the past, because I thought Kaixin001 should not have occupied more than 10 minutes of my leisure time on any given day, not to mention to be addictive to it.

I have to admit that I had underestimated the addictive features of social networking site. Being enchanted during my naive interactions with a few simulating web-based games was nothing fun. It was no exaggeration to say that I was totally bogged down by those for-the-birds games. My life, as well as my darling's life, were interrupted rudely. The culprit was the magical stickiness of social networking site. Once in, hardly out.

But man with a strong will can conquer everything. I haven't logged in my account for a long time, and I think this trend will continue indefinitely.

Though I tried the new fishing game on Kaixin001 recently in an effort to keep myself up-to-date, I didn't indulge myself into it again. After checking out the mechanism of the game, which was very similar to Happy Farm in terms of game mechanism, I dumped it with no mercy.

In a nutshell, I'm very happy to the fact that I'd got rid of this social networking site by my strengthened will and won back some otherwise lost hours. And my conclusion after a succession of fierce mental battles with the SNS is - human will is king. Do you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment