Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Game Wrecks Marriage

Happened to lay my eyes on a piece of news about how gaming kills marriage. Fifteen percent of British wives filing for divorce believe that gaming is the major bane in their marital life. This is quite a big warning for people in China, as online game is crazily prevalent among 80s and 90s. These generations literally grew by games, if I may say so.

As a post-80s, I played game since my childhood. From arcades to client games, from MMOGs to web-based games, I played a lot, to the point that my study has been greatly affected, if not wrecked. I could not attend a good school due to my over-indulgence into playing 'then-fantastic-in-my-eyes, now-meaningless-in-my-eyes' games.

Now I have grown up, and I have quit games for some time. But I have realized over-gaming is nothing less than narcotics in terms of its damage on people. Never put game before your wives, parents and friends, or you will be all alone for the rest of your life.

Posted via email from Dennis & Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment