Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Challenger, 28 Jan. 1986

Today is 28 January. One of the worst aeronautical disasters was on today -- the disaster of shuttle Challenger in 1986. Here is the footage of the shuttle disaster. No one would ever forget this earth-shaking space catastrophe, the worst in space shuttle history. No one would know how to react when astronauts' families, at the airbase then, as well as millions of Americans witnessed the disaster live on TV.


The calamity took place when I was only 4. At that time I was just a brat trotting and sniffing around with my parents in tail. But when I grew old later on I started to explore space in an amateurish style. With a space fancy stronger than any kids have ever displayed, I was totally magnetized by the vast universe and its unknown.

And I have a gut feeling that my unknown creativity stemmed mainly from this childhood attachment to the vast region beyond the Earth. Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment