Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Illusions @ Spring Festival Evening Gala

After witnessing the magic show at Spring Festival evening gala rendered by 刘谦, I went to review a program called "revelation of magic", or 魔术大揭密 in Chinese, for curiosity's sake.

The magic show at the evening gala was so fascinating that I developed an instant fancy to the illusional tricks performed. Indeed, I gave myself a rushed go and watched some online magic tutorials in an effort to upgrade my magical skills. But after spending some time on the seemingly-easy magical tricks, I found that I would need to invest a huge amount of time on these tricks in order to make them performable. The ROI(Return on Investment) isn't impressive at all. After all, the magical tricks are easy to learn, but it may take years of practice before they are presentable. Practice makes perfect -- this is an old saying but always a right one. =(

Okay, accept the fact that I'm not a magician. Better go back to my old strength now and strut around as a "wordmonger". XD

No comments:

Post a Comment