Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Sense of Disappointment

"Never overpromise but underdeliver." I once thought this golden slogan should be strictly applied to business environment, however, today I realized that it should also be strictly applied to your personal life.

I'm not in a good mood now, bcuz I'd disappointed her.

I should have figured out how important my words were. My words carry weight and also convey confidence to her. But I failed my words. I didn't realize that. I sucked.

Thinking backwards, this sense of disappointment was not too unfamiliar to me. I'd experienced the same feeling months ago, when she quitted learning En cold turkey. Yes, my heart was stung and the disappointment struck me hard.

Feeling disappointment is one of the great pains you can possibly suffer on earth. I'd like to confess that it's very easy to disappoint someone, bcuz we tend to boost our bragging right. On the other hand, it's really hard to "undisappoint" as you have to keep your stream of commitment fulfilled day after day.

Sorry Zoe.

But luckily, I'm someone who can learn from my own mistakes.

And I did learn. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment