Sunday, April 5, 2009

First Visit to Zoe's Hometown

The time has finally come. After a total of 18 months of get-together, among which 9 months as a staid supervisor and 9 months as a happiness-producing soul mate, I will soon be on my maiden journey to Zoe's hometown. I don't know what to expect but my heart is filled with excitement at this very moment. My ultimate goal of this trip is to marry my lifelong lover Zoe and bring her perpetual felicity under my wholehearted care.

This post will be updated frequently throughout my odyssey. God, bless me please, but I love Zoe more than you, sorry. =)

Update @ 9:38, March 28.

Tonight I will be on a sleeper compartment heading for Jiangxi. I've packed my stuff, a real lot, and I think carrying them is going to be a huge burden on my back and shoulders, but who cares, I'm on my way to meet my mother-in-law! Hours later I would be shopping gifts for them, hope they will be impressed by my honesty and true love to Zoe.

Update @ 14:20, March 28.

Off I go! Shopping rats are going to "bite" a vial of perfume and an electronic razor. The backpack is back-breaking, so to speak, even though the weight of a 10-inch notebook is still not counted. God knows if the laptop will be the last straw that breaks the camel's back. Anyway, hope I will not get a hump after the voyage.

Update @ 11:30, March 29.

The night on sleeper compartment was agonizing, as forecast by Zoe right upon seeing some babies perching merrily in the compartment. The whole night was shot through with sporadic baby cries, which effectively intercepted our nightly rest and drove Zoe mad to the point that she wanted to join the crying party herself! What's worse, the narrow upper bed didn't offer anything other than ordeal. I tried some sleeping poses but none could ensure me even the least comfort. Whatever, we slowly drifted into sleep after some late-night sweet talks with Zoe, and spent a full night on this high-speed train.

When I was violently roused from sound sleep by a light overhead, we were close to our destination, miles away from Nanchang. Zoe called me up so we could catch some rural views outside the train window. The views didn't quite impress me though some of them were indeed new to me.

Finally we were in Nanchang, after 13 hours of painful train ride. We first sped to Zoe's university by bus and had a complete walk-through, while along the way Zoe vividly recalled her memories of campus days. Her university was not magnificent, I used to think she must have spent 4 years in a grand institution, instead, it was an oridnary one mixed with residential housing.

After her university tour, we then whisked to People's Park, a real big one with innumerable people holding various lively activities. The park's serene view soothed me so much and produced an ultimate calmness in my heart. And we took pictures at a blind date party involved millions of candidates held in the park, which was quite novel to us, though no creative resume was spotted during our vigorous lookout.

Two mischievous photos we took at the blind date party.



Now we are at a KFC waiting for Zoe's uncle to pick us up... No internet access here and Zoe's asleep, quite boring... >_<


Update @ 23:30, March 29.

After a packed schedule today, I'm going to hit a warm sack, with Zoe's younger brother. I've gone through too many things today to be nicely listed here, including but not limited to my first-ever hoeing... It's late and drowsiness has successfully crept into my eyelids, so I'm not going to write anything further. Let me wrap up today and go ZZZzzz now...

Update @ 11:25, March 30.

I'm now sitting in front of my BENQ notebook, working on a new website project, err... I should say "has been working on it for a few hours." Still in its initial stage, a hell lot of work ahead, just keep up Dennis!

Update @ 10:26, March 31.

The end of March! Another busy morning! I got up early today to surf Internet in case I will be away from keyboard the whole noon, also in case Zoe will come occupy the notebook for her relentless idol hunting.

Last night I met Zoe's high school classmates and had a yummy night-time snacks. Though their language was Greek to me, I could still get myself involved most of the time. But language is really a barrier for an outsider, so to speak, like the case when you put Zoe right into a group of Cantonese, and I bet she would just be as dull as me.

Update @ 10:26, April 1.

(The part of Archaic Village tour was temporarily skipped and will be on later)

My stomach suffered heavy vomiting after rounds of forced drinking last night in a hilarious get-together, which in fact was yet another standard test for my fitness to be Zoe's lifelong partner. No matter how you slice it, last night was momentous to me. I got the green light from Zoe's distinctive relatives, and most of all, I passed her mom's final exam, after a hearty exchange. Marriage is no longer a mirage. The road ahead is clear and clean, and our goal is reachable.

Zoe, let's start a new journey of life!

Update @ 9:43, April 2.

Half of my trip was spent, with only 3 days left enjoying a tranquil life, as well as a no-haste, no-competition and pressureless environment. I'm so relaxed during my stay in Zoe's hometown. People are nice and hospitable here. The cold weather has done actually nothing to weaken all those warm hearts. Zoe's uncle drove me around and described probably everything fresh in detial along the way. To some degree, a fondness for Anyi has been kindly sown into my soul, but I was by no means enchanted by the place, but by a pure soul who decided to love a man that is largely unnoticed and hard-up now.

Update @ 14:43, April 4.

The week-long Anyi trip has ended with a merry tone, as we left a rural paradise for a hysteric metropolis on Sat. It's time to get realistic. There is actually no point to compare Guangzhou with Anyi, since they vary in a great many ways and have their own attractive distinctions. Yes, you see no rural landscape here in Guangzhou, but the commerce and nightly liveliness complement those sceneries more or less. In addition, city life is more filled with knowledge as you are always exposed to new lore. You have to keep yourself up-to-date as the only way to survive, so your scope would be expanded without a doubt.

Wwhen in Anyi, do as the Anyi people do, while when in Guangzhou, do as the Guangzhou people do.

No comments:

Post a Comment