Sunday, November 9, 2008

Correction of "Birthday, not happy."

Birthday, not happy.

Today is my birthday, I'm not happy, yet not sad.
I think I'm old enough to know the uncertainty of life.
But the uncertainty still kind of upset me in sometimes.
This gloomy emotion made me feel guilty, because I had a suspicion it came form my personality disorders. I knew immersing myself into this messy emotion was wrong, but I still could not escape from it, especial when I was alone.
I don't know where to ask for help, I understand all the things come and go. Yes, I am still young and weak, with a perplexed mind, can't survive.

====================================

I miss Zoe so much tonight so I dug up one of her past pieces and did a removal of all the errors or mistakes found. Please take note of the words in bold.

1.
Original: But the uncertainty still kind of upset me in sometimes.

Upset should be upsets because the subject of this sentence is the uncertainty. Drop the "in" before sometimes.

Revision: But the uncertainty still somewhat upsets me at times.

2.
Original: because I had a suspicion it came form my personality disorders.

Revision: because I had a suspicion that came from my personality disorders.

3.
Original: especial when I was alone.

Revision: Especially when I was alone.

4.
Original: I understand all the things come and go.

Revision: I understand all the things that come and go.

Finally, I'd like to give a thumb-up to the word "perplexed"!

Zoe, do you find this correction useful?

No comments:

Post a Comment