Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I'm an English-Chinese

I'm learning Chinese now. It seems very absurd for a Chinese to learn Chinese at my age. More absurb is that Chinese is like a second language to me! But frankly speaking, I've just reached the ABC of Chinese, the elementary level of Chinese. I've forgotten strokes of many Chinese characters and also failed to understand most of the Chinese phrases and idioms. My pronunciation is inferior, and my vocabulary is insufficient. Am I a Chinese? Sometimes I question myself like this. It might be a mistake by fate for me to be a Chinese, however, I will never forget the color of my skin, and of course, the language of my motherland.

Zoe, you will not be alone on your way to Chinese lore as I have decided to join you half way. Don't leave me alone and help me catch up with the flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment