Thursday, October 16, 2008

Speak It Out 1

Speak It Out a program I set up in an effort to help my darling on her way to English fluency. My sharing on this program will be mainly focusing on everyday spoken English. All we know is that we can divide English into two different parts, written and oral. Darling, let me know if you want a program dedicated to written English, and also please let me know if you like Speak It Out or not.

1. My darling should be home any minute.

Look, now you can replace your 'soon' with this newly-learned word! Remember, don't put 'in' in front of 'any minute'.

2. I totally sniped it from a guy on Ebay.

Here, snipe is a work that carries the meaing of 'grab or snatch'.

3. You got another month, minimum.

A short and concise expression that you can use in many occasions in life.

Let's take a look at another real life example:

D: When will you marry me?
Z: It takes another year, minumum.
D: Whoa.. T_T

Zoe, I love you. Hope you enjoy my lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment