Friday, August 8, 2008

English Lesson from Dennis (1)

Today I learned a few new words/phrases from Internet and quite happy to share them here with my lover Zoe. Her English needs to be upgraded badly, so I hope my everyday lesson can help her achieve a greater English level in the imminent future.

1.
kvetch, vi - To complain persistently and whiningly;

Example:
I think I'll lay off the kvetching for a while and just visit one of my neighbors.

2.
A word to the wise (is sufficient) - something that you say when you are going to give someone some advice;

Example:
A word to the wise, if you're going to drive, don't go on a Friday night until after the rush hour traffic.

3.
no holds barred - without limits or controls;

Example:
This is a comedy with no holds barred, and it may offend some viewers.

Ok, Zoe, now please give me examples of how to use these words/phrase in comment box.

1 comment:

  1. A word to Wise, stop kvetching with no holds barred, take a bath and mask is a better choice when you are in trouble.

    LOL

    ReplyDelete