Sunday, August 24, 2008

My First Taste on DNF


I've been writing a lot today, almost flooding and inundating my darling's posts. Well, that's me, when I'm in a good mood, my writing would be coming in torrents.

This post will mainly revolve around DNF, an online beat 'em up game originated by a Korean company called Neople but recently was introduced into China by Tencent. One of my friends recommended me the game right after its beta release, so actually I was among the first to have a taste on DNF.

The game was fascinating at first, we spent nights and nights to raid different instances to level up our toons and to finish various tasks. But the good days didn't hold for long, as the game had the same problem that most of the online games share -- it didn't offer players a long-term playability. You started to get bored and shouted "damn it" after raiding the same instance over and over again to gear up your avatar, and felt totally meaningless when you were stuck in such a status for a few days.

So, I'm sorry to say, DNF only held my attention for a few weeks and no more. I think it's time to dump it and move onto another one. Who will be the next? No answer yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment