Sunday, August 24, 2008

What's Game Addiction?


Before playing 热血三国, a web-based online game I discovered recently, I didn't have much idea about this genre of game, which doesn't require players to download and install anything on their computer before having a fun. Ok, now let's talk about the game for a few minutes. The pace of the game is quite slow, you will grow very impatience during the boring game time. The only way, apparently, to shake off this man-made slowness and to expedite the game as a whole is to purchase virtual currency from the game runner, a sure-fire way to profit if a large customer base is formed. I have dipped myself into this game in an effort to find out more about online game, a new and profitable industry in the eyes of every entrepreneur.

But after a few days heavy gaming, I found the game bored for it had failed to provide me with a long-term entertainment, which I think is an Achilles' heel that need to be mended as soon as possible. I was addictive to this game for about a week, but I know that's the end because it doesn't offer me any freshness anymore.

See you 热血三国, I will try another game in search of an answer to the most-wanted question -- What's a successful game and how to make it?

No comments:

Post a Comment